Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Finally feeling a little better

The best word to describe my first month and a half at school: blah. Thankfully, the last few weeks have been going pretty well. Now when people ask me how I'm doing in the halls, I say I'm doing well and I mean it. I wonder how long this is going to last.

One moment of blah did creep in yesterday. I was at the gym without my iPod* when a John Mayer song came on. I've been avoiding John Mayer since 2002 when his "Room for Squares" album was the soundtrack to one of the most painful experiences of my life. While five years has dulled that pain, hearing the song still made me want to scream. Perhaps it would be a good idea to bring my iPod to the gym from now on, just in case of emergency.


*This year my iPod has been replaced by schoolwork when I'm at the gym. This means that I end up listening to whatever radio station is playing over the loud speakers. For a while there, "Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White T's came on every single time I was at the gym.

Labels: , ,

|