Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Coming out of retirement to bring you this late breaking news...


The Pixies in concert are completely... underwhelming. I literally just left their show at D.A.R. Constitution Hall. They played Doolittle in its entirety and the show sounded exactly like the album... almost note for note. Kim Deal told us all exactly where we were in the album ("The first half is over!") like she couldn't wait to be done. I've seen introverted software developers in my office show more feeling than the Pixies did during that entire show.

Bottom line: If I had played the album really loud in my apartment, I could have saved myself 50 bucks. That said, the Pixies must be really hard up for cash to get up onstage and go through the motions of playing a good show. I hope that my contribution helps them to survive this recession. After all, they have written some amazing songs, including the one that I named this very blog after. It's just a shame that they have taken something that I loved so much and made it absolutely forgettable.

Labels: ,

|