Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Wanted: girl friends

Yesterday, I realized that the two parts of my life that I enjoy (my living situation and my job) are destroying my social life. After all, I'm not meeting any new friends through my parents and having to be at work at 8 am makes late nights on the town a bit difficult. Despite this, I decided it was time to revive my social life. I scrolled through my phone list, dialed several numbers, and left a myriad of messages. All the people I called locally were boys. Boys! For months I've been saying that I need girl friends and I still feel the same way. Don't get me wrong, boys can be great. Trouble is I'm not a boy and I don't think like one, and there's always the possibility that a boy is going to think that we're more than just friends. But girls, girls are great. I've got great girlfriends in California, Colorado, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Mexico, Switzerland, Macedonia, Italy, and Indonesia... but what about here? Currently I've got two girl friends in the area that I see every once in a while... One is moving to New York and one is getting married. So, all you ladies in the Bethesda/Rockville/NoVa/DC area, I'm looking for you!

|