Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The last thing I was expecting to hear

"Let's make out."

That's right. That's what I heard. I was waiting to see Dinosaur Jr. at the 9:30 Club. I had come to the show with my dad and two other older guys, but I had left them for a short while when the above incident occurred.

How did this happen? I had done nothing suggestive. I wasn't showing any skin. I wasn't flirting. I was merely sipping a Negra Modelo and chatting.

People always say that these sorts of things happen when you least expect them. Well, of course they do! Who expects to hear, "Let's make out"?

While it was shocking, I have to admit I was flattered. Certainly not the reaction I would expect from myself. Had I been given this as a hypothetical situation, I probably would have said that I would slap the guy. In reality, I didn't. Instead, I politely said no and thanked him for the compliment, because, according to Mr. No Name, he only likes to kiss girls who are hot.

The End.

|