Friday, May 27, 2005

What sex is your brain?

Currently the BBC's got a section on their website where you can find out your Sex ID. Here's what the website says about the test:
    Some researchers say that men can have 'women's brains' and that women can think more like men.

    Find out more about 'brain sex' differences by taking the Sex ID test, a series of visual challenges and questions used by psychologists:

    * Get a brain sex profile and find out if you think like a man or a woman.
    * See if you can gaze into someone's eyes and know what they're thinking.
    * Find out why scientists are interested in the length of your fingers.
    * See how your results relate to theories about brain sex.

It takes a bit of time to complete the whole test and requires quite a bit of concentration. Still, I found the different sections and the outcome quite interesting. Basically, a person can score anywhere from 1 to 100 on the male or female side. Most males are 50 on the male side and most females are 50 on the female side. It turns out my brain is androgynous because I scored a zero. I'm not a man, not yet a woman. Hmmmm...

P.S. Thanks to Lynn for introducing me to this test. I suppose I should also thank Lynn here for telling me all about Kingdom of Loathing (see my May 7th post), which I am still totally addicted to. Thanks Lynn. Thanks a lot.

|