Thursday, September 25, 2003

Deep thoughts

My friend Karen always has the best quotes at the bottom of her e-mails. Here are the ones I like the most (and since I can't think of them all now I'll probably be re-posting this message multiple times in the next few days):

* A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts.

* We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. -E.M. Forster

* The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well. -Joe Ancis

And my personal favorite:
*** Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again. -TV listing for the Wizard of Oz in a Marin, CA newspaper

(Note: For more hilarious TV listings from the Marin Independent Journal, go here. I have no idea if they're real but I don't really care.)

(Note #2: Okay, apparently I do care a little. Some website I found says that the author of the tv listings is Rick Polito and you can find his writing at The Seattle Post-Intelligence.)

|