Saturday, September 20, 2003

Rock me like a hurricane!

Go figure that by the time Isabel reached me she was just a tropical storm. Now I can't even say that I was in a hurricane but my house has still been left without power since Thursday at 6 pm. How annoying.

One positive thing that did come out of Tropical Storm Isabel was my re-introduction to the sleepover. Luckily, some friends of my family in a nearby town regained their power and kindly invited my family to stay the night at their place. Picture me, at twenty-four, watching LOTR: The Two Towers, drinking Heinekin, debating music downloading with tipsy adults, and then spending the wee hours on an inflatable bed chatting away with a thirteen-year-old. It was great! Tonight I think I'll sleep in the darkness of my own home (someone has to keep my poor dog company) but I will always have fond memories of my Isabel 2003 sleepover.

|