Saturday, December 06, 2003

Since we're on the topic of movies

Well, I mentioned Nemo so it's only fair I mention all of the other movies I've seen recently. Elf is pretty cute. Not as funny as I thought it was going to be, but entertaining and definitely worth a viewing. Antwone Fisher was entertaining, touching, and based on a true story. The extras for that DVD were great as well. Plus, Fisher stars Derek Luke who should be added to my sexiest celebrities list. Luke was also in Pieces of April, which I saw with Alison about a month ago. April is an excellent indie film. Hmmm, what else? Well, one of my recent Netflix picks was Spun. If you don't have to pay for this movie and you like movies about drugs, this one is worth it. Otherwise I'd say skip it. It was basically trying to be Requiem for a Dream, but it didn't come anywhere close. Another Netflix selection of late was Coupling: Season 1. Andy introduced me to the original British Coupling and I'm glad he did. Not much but talk happens in the show but it's quite hilarious. That should bring all of you up to date. Movie suggestions are always welcome.

(By the way, I just saw that AFI in Silver Spring is showing a series of Bill Murray movies. Ghostbusters is playing on Sunday at 12:30pm.)

Labels:

|