Sunday, October 03, 2004

Gael García Bernal: Just Another Homeless Young Star

There have been actors from Mexico in the recent past that have made it in the U.S. Of course, right now I can only think of Salma Hayek, but I'm sure there are others. Still, the rise of Gael García Bernal is pretty exciting. I especially love that he's not going to move to the U.S. just because he's getting famous. Sounds just like my Mexican friends who are okay financially in Mexico; who wants to leave a great place like Mexico for the U.S. if you can survive there? This post was inspired by The New York Times article with the same title as this blog installment (I give credit where credit is due). It's a great article, but you'll probably have to sign up with NYTimes online to read it... but, really, you should already be signed up with NYTimes.com... it's a good place to get with it and it's free.

Labels:

|