Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Have you got $1.2 million to spare?


The email my nearest, dearest friends just got is below. Can you help out too?

Hi,

I hate mass mailings just as much as anyone, but I'm sending you a forward for good reason. Last year I discovered DonorsChoose, a nonprofit that allows people like you and me to donate money to help teachers. Not so novel, right? Well, here's where it gets cool. If you log onto the DonorsChoose website you can actually choose which teachers you want to fund. For example, I think exercise and nutrition are really important so I go to DonorsChoose and run a search for related projects. When I find one I like, I donate. Donating is easy and it's possible to donate as little as $10.

Right now DonorsChoose is trying to raise $1.2 million by September 30. My experiences with the charity have been great so I encourage you to donate and/or pass this message on to others who are interested in helping teachers and their students.

A while back, I set up my own DonorsChoose challenge. If you are interested in donating, it would be nice if you could do it here:
http://www.donorschoose.org/challenge.php?id=65

Thanks for reading,
Elise

|