Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 30: Trip to NZ postponed due to Delhi belly!

So, I finally got sick. Really sick. Truthfully, it might not have been Delhi belly. It could have been Bangalore belly or Mysore belly. The trouble started in the Delhi airport while I was waiting for my 11 pm flight to Auckland via Singapore. I was there from 3 pm on and, thankfully, during that time I made friends with some folks. Lizette from Toronto, you are wonderful! Thank you for talking with me, for getting the airport doctor, for holding my hand when I got that anti-vomiting shot, and giving me a hug good-bye. Yet another "kindness of strangers" incident, which proves the world can be a pretty amazing place.

And then there's Jitendra at the airport who got me out of my flight, with my bag (I thought it was going to head to Auckland without me!), and was so kind. He either works for the Delhi airport or for Singapore Airlines. He deserves a big raise because he was awesome.

Another big thank you goes out to Supriya and her family. Even though Supriya is not currently in Delhi, she told me to go to her house. Her parents, who are also doctors (lucky me), have taken care of me all day. I am now referring to them as my Indian family.

I am so, so fortunate to have met all of these people. I am feeling much better and I hope that tomorrow when I try to fly to Auckland all will go as planned!

Labels: ,

|