Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tim Wise on white privilege and the presidential election

Since I have now seen this twice in the last few hours, I thought I'd pass the following article along. In it, Tim Wise talks about how white privilege is impacting the 2008 presidential election. Tim's points made me think and I hope they do the same for you.

This Is Your Nation on White Privilege

Who is Tim Wise? According to his website, Tim "is among the most prominent anti-racist writers and activists in the U.S., and has been called, 'One of the most brilliant, articulate and courageous critics of white privilege in the nation,' by best-selling author and professor Michael Eric Dyson, of Georgetown University. Wise has spoken in 48 states, and on over 400 college campuses, including Harvard, Stanford, and the Law Schools at Yale and Columbia, and has spoken to community groups around the nation."

Labels: ,

|