Tuesday, August 05, 2003

I'm a no-show in your bedroom

One of the great things about digital cameras these days is that they also function as video cameras. This is great unless you take it to a bar, make a video, and then wonder endlessly about the soundtrack to said video. For a month now I have been watching one of these videos and trying to figure out what song is playing in the background. I tried googling the first line of the lyrics, "I'm a no-show in your bedroom," but nothing came up. About a week ago it dawned on me that the singer of the song sounded a lot like Anthony Kiedis. I tried Google again but I still couldn't figure it out.

Well, tonight, ladies and gentleman, I had a breakthrough. Tonight I typed in my usual lyric line that never works, and then I tried, "'your bedroom' red hot," and suddenly I had matches. It turns out I was right about the vocals. The song is "Don't Forget Me" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but the first line is actually "I'm an ocean in your bedroom." Personally, I like my version of the line, but I'm not famous so I guess I don't get to write the lyrics to popular songs. Now the crazy thing about all this is that this particular video is the only video I have of my Mexican man. How fitting that the soundtrack is a song entitled "Don't Forget Me."

And, on that note, I must ask you all not to forget me. I will be on vacation for the next week or so and probably will not be blogging during that time. Take care all and I hope you have a wonderful time without me.

|