Saturday, October 04, 2003

Picante!

In my attempts to make this site nicer to look at, I added a picture of a girl fixing a car. I liked the photo for several reasons:

1) It's a pretty picture and works well with my color scheme and layout.
2) It's a girl doing what is typically considered a male activity.
3) She's lying down so she's got nowhere to go but up. Gee, that sounds just like my tag line...

It is not my photo and I want to take no credit for it. I found the picture using Google's image search and it's from the Picante! clothing website. I am far from a mall or clothes-crazed girl, but this company seems pretty cool. It was started by a surfer who found some really cool fabric while traveling in South America (Guatemala, I think) in 1972. He bought some fabric and started making shirts out of it. Now, his company has a whole clothing line. The tags for the clothes are currently being made in the Yucatan Peninsula (that's Mexico) by the Peace Corps and locals. Hopefully, Picante! offers fair wages to its workers. If they do, I think this company is awesome! Plus, they've got a beautiful site. Do check it out if you have the time.

|