Saturday, August 09, 2003

Joppa/ Magnolia

You know how you're supposed to check your car before going on a long trip? Well, I have always checked and never had a problem. At the start of my current trip, I did a half-assed job on everything, including my planning and my car checking. I hadn't even made it out of my home state when I realized that something wasn't quite right. I stopped in lovely Joppa/ Magnolia to ask a mechanic what was making my car feel like it was blowing around at speeds past 70 mph. The fine gentlemen at the shop were kind and even test-drove my car to see what was up. Despite my checking my tire pressure before leaving home, it turns out that my tires were 10 pounds under what they should have been. Man, did I feel stupid. Luckily, the men didn't charge me anything and they didn't even laugh at my inability to read a tire gauge. I think I'm going to bring them donuts on the ride home.

|