Thursday, October 09, 2003

Is it wrong that I like Superman better when he's bad?

When Smallville first came out, I tried to watch it but never got into it. I found Superman as a teenager to be boring and just too sweet-looking. The actor who plays him is definitely hot but still manages to irritate me. Plus, I couldn't for the life of me figure out why Clark Kent would know Lana Lane as a teenager. Isn't he supposed to end up with Lois Lane later on and aren't they supposed to not have any connection to each other? Please correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't seen any Superman movies in the last decade.

Anyway, getting to the point... Last week I saw a preview for an upcoming Smallville episode and in the episode Clark Kent was bad. "Ooooooooh!" I thought. "Clark looks kinda cute like that." So I watched, and I liked this young Superman character way better bad than his normal goody-two-shoes self. I liked him bad so much that I tuned in this week. Sadly, the creators felt they couldn't make Clark bad for too long. In the first 5 minutes of the show, with the help of his father, Clark went from bad to good. Boo! I'm going to stop watching now! I didn't watch last season's episodes so maybe there's still some bad left that I have yet to see. Let's hope so.

|