Sunday, January 18, 2004

Estoy aqui.

Well, I'm in Mexico. Lucky for me the plane ride wasn't that bad even though my ear did do some funky things. Hopefully, the whole ear infection problem will clear up soon thanks to the antibiotics I've been taking.

Anyway, the plane ride was good, but the second I got to Guanajuato I felt completely out of place. I know I only left six months ago but so much has changed. I used to run into someone I knew after walking around the center of town for five minutes. Yesterday, I walked everywhere and only found people I knew in specific stores that I entered. After walking, I went home to take a nap before going out with my old Mexico roommate Laura and some other people. When I woke up I felt horrible and wondered why on Earth I had been stupid enough to return to this place.

Luckily, I feel at home now and all is working out well. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

|