Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I used to be with it

Today I had a horrifying experience on my drive home from work. The Beverly Hills song came on Hot 99.5 and Julian, the DJ whose voice grates on me so much that I usually switch the station immediately when I hear him, said that the song was by Weezer. No! It can't be. I must have misheard because I'm sure that that catchy, yet semi-stupid Beverly Hills song is by Good Charlotte.

At the end of the song, Julian came on-air again since he loves to hear himself talk. "And that was Beverly Hills by Weezer." Yup. Definitely Weezer. Still, I wasn't totally convinced until I just checked the Internet.

Once upon a time, I knew music. Really, I did. Now I feel like an idiot. An American Idiot. Maybe even Grandpa Simpson.

    "I used to be with 'it', but then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it' anymore and what's 'it' seems weird and scary."
    ~Grandpa Simpson

|