Thursday, November 10, 2005

Tales from underground

There are some things about my parking garage that drive me crazy. There are more cars than spaces so sometimes I have to park in strange places. I have been asked to park in a handicapped space on at least one ocassion. And then there was that time when I tried to park in a ridiculously small space next to an SUV and brushed my car door into a pillar. Recently, however, I have only been thinking about the good things.

The Good Things
  • The Manlift: In my parking garage, there is a contraption called a manlift that allows attendants to move from level to level without using the elevator. There is a sign warning others that they could be arrested for unauthorized use. Usually, I'm a very law-abiding citizen, but that manlift looks like so much fun... Sometimes I wish I was a little less law-abiding.


  • The Transponder: Every work day, I drive into my parking garage and the gate magically raises up for me. I don't need to press a button or anything! When I drive out of my parking garage, I drive right past the person in the little booth and the exit gate opens by itself. This is all thanks to the transponder, a little black rectangle that lives on my dashboard. Man, that thing is cool... but not as cool as the manlift.

|