Tuesday, February 28, 2006

For a minute there, I lost myself*

Back in October 2003, I selected a picture of a girl fixing a truck to represent me on this site. Over the years, I have fallen in love with that picture. Then, yesterday, the girl had mysteriously vanished from my page. Frantically, I checked the page where I had grabbed the photo from (www.wearpicante.com) and learned that the site license had lapsed and was up for renewal. Oh no! I immediately messaged my dear friend Lynn for support:

Elise: i'm so sad! my picture of the girl fixing the truck is gone!
:(
Lynn: oh boo
Elise: i know! now what will i use
Lynn: a picture of a puppy doing some sor tof acrobatics i guess
Elise: :( this is very VERY upsetting. i wish i had saved that picture on my computer

I scoured the Internet for a replacement photo. Finally I settled, and I do mean settled, on a picture of Audrey Tautou from the movie Nowhere to Go But Up (see above). Then, today, the girl fixing the truck and wearpicante.com magically reappeared. Hooray!

This totally makes up for the fact that someone f**king took my coat from the gym today. If you see a woman in the Georgetown area wearing a small, black Andrew Marc jacket, please rip it off her and email me. Thanks.


* This entry was way better the first time I wrote it. My stupid Internet gave out and the original post was erased the second I hit "Publish Post." I can't tell if I'm lucky or doomed today.

Labels:

|