Monday, January 30, 2006

The soy milk got me high

Last Wednesday, I got the following email in my work inbox:
Hey Elise -
There is half a carton of Silk vanilla soymilk in the fridge (my name is on the cap). Since I will be out for the next week, please drink it - otherwise it will go bad. If you won't use it, pass the word on to someone else :)
m
This morning at work, I went to the fridge to grab my kefir (I love vanilla kefir with Good Friends Kashi). Sadly, my kefir had been thrown out during the weekend fridge cleaning so I opted for soymilk and Kashi.* Little did I know that the soymilk would make me feel really strange. Not only did it make me feel funny, but it also impaired my motor skills. When I walked down the hall about 45 minutes after drinking the soymilk, I literally bumped into the wall several times! Then I had to go to a meeting and I still didn't feel right.** Luckily, halfway through the meeting I sobered up and, all in all, was quite productive. Now I'm a little wary of soymilk (especially soymilk that's been open for a while) but, hopefully, no permanent damage was done.***

*While I was telling two of my co-workers this story, one of them said that kefir looks and smells like spoiled milk. Whatever!
**Thankfully, it was a meeting with just one person who is really understanding.
***I'm sure that third eye I can feel forming in the center of my forehead has nothing to do with the soymilk.

|