Saturday, January 14, 2006

Behaving badly

While I was dog-sitting over the holidays, I got really into the sixth season of The Amazing Race. I am not a big reality tv fan* but I couldn't help myself. There's something neat about couples (either bonded by romance, DNA, or friendship) working together to beat all of the other couples on a race around the world. Sadly, my house does not get the Game Show Network so I never got to see all of the sixth season and was forced to Netflix season 1.** Last night, I watched the first 3 episodes and I kept wondering, would I behave this badly if I were a contestant? Would I scream at my mom/boyfriend/best friend if things didn't go my way? What do these contestants think when they see themselves on tv? Are they ashamed? I suppose I could do a Google search to find out, but I think I'd rather clean my house... right now.

*Although, there is still a special place in my heart for the first 4 seasons of The Real World. I also love MTV's reality competition shows with former members of The Real World and Road Rules. But, other than that, I'm not so into reality shows, I swear!
**Doh! While looking for a link to The Amazing Race for this post, I saw which couple wins in season 1. Must forget... must forget... arghh.

|