Sunday, December 18, 2005

Colorado calling

I just had a vacation. Probably the only vacation I will allow myself until all of my applications are turned in. Just going made me a little antsy, but I decided beforehand that I would write no essays on my trip. I had enough to fit into two days. What was the point of stressing about school at the same time?

At 4 am on Thursday morning, my father and I arrived at the airport. Though our flight was not until 8, we were hoping to get on an earlier flight. We feared that our scheduled flight would be canceled due to the sleet and freezy rain that was expected at 7 am, so we woke up early and took a chance. Luckily, flying standby paid off and we arrived in Denver, Colorado two hours early.

Our destination was Boulder, the city where I was born. The city where my mother and one of my brothers currently live. I hadn't been to Boulder since 2001, when I lived there for 4 months following college. The city was absolutely beautiful. While I had visited many times in the summer, I hadn't seen Boulder in winter since I was 7.

My father and I were in Boulder to watch my brother graduate from CU. The ceremony was on Friday morning, so I had two afternoons to catch up with my mom and 4 friends. Almost everything worked out perfectly. I saw everyone I needed to see, visited nearly every place I wanted to go, and ate some really good food.

It was wonderful to see all of my Boulder friends and family. It was great to watch my brother graduate. Now, I wonder, will it be 4 more years until I return? I'll keep you posted.

|