Monday, January 09, 2006

Do you believe in magic?

Ever wonder how a coin-operated pool table knows the difference between the cue ball and all of the striped and solid balls? Last night, my boyfriend and I were wondering the same thing while I was kicking his butt in pool* at Uncle Jed's Roadhouse.** Well, the bf did some research and here's what he found out. Don't be lazy now. Follow the link!

I just finished writing up my final two business school essays. By Wednesday, I will have written and submitted 23 essays.^ Man, am I beat. When I start considering a doctorate, everyone please remind me about that time when I had to write 23 essays.

* For the record, we each won one game. He sunk the eight-ball by mistake on the first game and I followed suit on the second. Overall, though, I sunk more balls. (Insert comment about Elise being overly competitive here.)
** Makes me think of Patrick Swayze.
^ Admittedly, I used one essay 3 times and another one twice. That brings us to 18 essays. Still too much work!

Labels:

|